We already got acquainted with the Mi Flash Pro program, which allows you to reflash Xiaomi devices even with a locked bootloader without any difficulty. We will tell you how to install MiFlashPro on your computer, and you will learn all the nuances of this process. Then, let’s understand the drivers in more detail and prepare for flashing the Xiaomi mobile device.
What you will need for installation
Before downloading MiFlashPro itself, let’s understand what we need during the installation:
1.Disable Digital Signature Check. Sometimes Windows blocks drivers installed from unknown sources and treats them as malware.
2. Download and install the drivers. This is necessary so that the computer can establish communication with the device and cut off various problems and errors before the flashing process even begins.
3. Comply with system requirements. Mi Flash Pro is compatible with the following versions of Windows: 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (32/64).
Downloading an archive with the program
The first step is to download the Mi Flash Pro archive itself. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the page with the desired build, or download version 5.3.1104.39 from the direct link. If you have Windows 7 or 10 installed on your computer, download the latest version. If you have 8 or 8.1, first install release 3.3, and then install the update;
- Choose a folder to save the archive. For convenience, you can choose a desktop.
- Unpack the archive (you can use the free archiver 7-Zip).
Disabling digital signature verification
For the drivers to be installed correctly (sometimes the system swears and interferes with this process) you must disable the verification of their digital signature. This is done in slightly different ways depending on the version of Windows, so let’s look at all the options.
- Open the “Start” menu and search for “Command Prompt”;
- Click on the icon with the result and select the line called “Run as administrator”;
- Confirm the intentions by clicking on “Yes” in the pop-up window and then enter the following command “bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON”. Done.
Windows 8, 8.1
- Call the “Run” menu by pressing Win + R, then write “gpedit.msc”;
- In the list go to the following path: Administrative templates (located in the user configuration) – System and select the line with the driver installation;
- Double-click on “Digital signatures for device drivers”. Switch the value to “Enabled”, and in the options select “Skip”.
- Go to the options and in the security section find the item “Special boot options” (you can use the search bar “Find parameter”), click on the button “Restart now”;
- Go to “Troubleshooting”, then in the additional parameters select the boot options;
- Select the option “Disable mandatory verification of driver signatures.
Downloading drivers for PCs
In addition to the Mi Flash Pro program itself, we need drivers, which act as a link between the mobile device and the computer. Without a proper installation, the computer may simply not see that the Xiaomi phone is connected or there will be other problems, for example with ADB. Next, when you download the drivers, we’ll try to pick the ones that fit each device to minimize the occurrence of any errors. Now you don’t have to look for any specific drivers for Qualcomm or MTK processors, the following instructions will help you find the right ones for your device.
Download the necessary files from the driver download page.
Installing Xiaomi drivers
After downloading the drivers, they need to be installed correctly. There are different ways to do this, but we will look at the easiest and fastest way, which does not cause any problems.
- Instructions for installing the “Qualcomm USB Driver”.
- Instructions for installing the “Android ADB Driver”.
Our articles have detailed illustrations showing each step. Just repeat everything exactly and press the same buttons.
Installing Mi Flash Pro
After installing the drivers, you can proceed to the program itself. To install Mi Flash Pro on your PC, you need to:
- Extract the folder from the previously downloaded archive with the utility and open the folder;
- Run the installation .exe file, which has the word “Setup” at the end. Then do not touch anything and just follow the instructions on the screen, confirming your intentions with the buttons “Next” and “Install”;
- Run the utility, and its icon will appear on the desktop.
Logging into a Mi-account
Now you need to log in to your Mi account. This will not cause any problems if you follow the instructions:
- Switch the default English language to Russian by pressing the “Select Your Language” button in the upper right corner;
- And now it is even easier: choose “Login” if we have a created mi-account, or click on the tab “Create account” if you do not have one;
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the screen;
- After authorization, restart MiFlashPro.
The installation and setup process of Mi Flash Pro itself is not very difficult. The main thing is to carefully follow the instructions described above and correctly install the drivers for your device, otherwise, Mi Flash Tool will simply not work. And about the functionality and how to use the program itself, we have already told you earlier.